Mmmm lets see! Be creative by creating one or more quizzes of educational value using MyStudiyo by 12am EST June 14, 2008 to be eligible to win an Asus eeePC or $50 Amazon voucher (read more about the competition here).
That doesn’t sound hard! And a cool way of creating free educational quizzes for your students or for your students to create their own quizzes.
What I liked about MyStudiyo is how you can:
- Easily embed text, images, audio and video into quiz answers
- Create ‘non-collaborative’ quizzes or “collaborative” quizzes (allows others to add further questions to your quiz)
- Embed your MyStudiyo quiz into blog posts
Embedding MyStudiyo Quizzes Into Posts
- On your blog dashboard, go to Write > Write A Post
- Completely write your post adding all text and images including adding your categories, tags and post title.
- Click Save and View this Post to do any final edits on your post.
- Register for an account at MyStudiyo and create your own quiz.
- Copy the embed code.
- Click on your HTML Tab
- Paste the embed code from MyStudiyo into your post where you want it to appear then immediately press Publish (DON’T CLICK on Visual Tab to change back to Visual editor).
Here is an example of a MyStudiyo Quiz I created for us to learn more about the slang used by the different cultures? I’ve set it up as a collaborative quiz so that we can all add common slang used in our countries (just click on Add a Question to insert your own questions with answers into the quiz).
About MyStudiyo EduQuiz Contest
Unfortunately I’m disqualified from entering since I have the honor of judging the contest with Steve Dembo. Official judging criteria will be educational content, use of media and feedback, number of participants, integration with other online resources. Haven’t worked out bonus points for my unofficial judging criteria but it’s good to know Steve’s include references to:
- Jonathon Coulton songs (here is a video of him singing)
- Rodeo clowns
- Any of the original three Star Wars movies
Not sure what Steve has against the new Star Wars movies – they work for me 🙂
Let me know how you go creating your quizzes and how you plan to use them. Also don’t forget you can add your own questions to my quiz.
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!