The good news is we now have a Check Out These Class blogs page on The Edublogger thanks to everyone who shared their class blog URLs. I’ve sort class blogs based on Grade/Year/Age of students and subject areas to make the task of locating ones that interest you easier.
Here’s a few ideas I grabbed from visiting the class blogs:
- Over on Mrs Poulin’s blog they’ve been embedding LookyBooks into posts so the students can read picture books on their blog
- Mr Lund has used a screenshot of his class blog’s Google Analytics map overlay to show parents and students how it has only taken three months for the blog to have an International audience reaching four continents.
- MadWords Now have cleverly embedded a widget from Box.net in their blog sidebar so students can easily download important handouts from one convenient location.
- Splash In made a really big splash with their great use of Bubbleshare embedded in posts.
- Meanwhile Class 4D did some smart thinking and scanned their written stories to create images which they uploaded to their class blog and embedded into a post using a picture gallery.
- Ms. Kreul’s class blog took me for a cool tour of their class by creatively using of FlickRSLiDR widget embedded in their side bar.
I noticed that I wasn’t the only one getting ideas from visiting the class blogs. GWA Grade 5 students blog used it to compiled a short list class blogs that caught their eye to start a discussion on educational blogs.
There’s still time to have your class blog added to our list of class blogs. Just leave your class blog details in the comments of the Calling All CLASS blogs…Please Share Your Blog URL With Us! post.
For those of you who did leave your class blog details — Can you please check out the Check Out These Class blogs page? Please make sure the link to your blog is working properly and I’ve got the details correct. Leave a comment on this post if I need to make any amendments.
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!