Why not participate in the K12 online conference! It’s free and fully online.
About K12 Online Conference
The K12 Online conference is coordinated by a group of volunteer educators to help educators make sense of and meet the needs of a continually changing learning landscape. Focus of the conference is integration of emerging technologies into classroom practice.
The conference includes:
- Pre-recorded presentations (20 minutes) that you can download and watch at your convenience — All presentations (including keynotes) are pre-recorded
- Live Events (using Elluminate) where you can interact with the presenters and other educators using talk and chat facilities
Each day of the conference four (4) presentations will be available for viewing from 12 pm GMT. Key dates on the conference program are:
- October 13th – Preconference Keynote
- TBA – Live Event
- Fireside Chat With Stephen Heppell – click on this link to join
- October 20th – Keynote presentations
- October 20-24th
- Presentations based on the themes of Getting Started and Prove it
- October 25th 3:00 PM Saturday GMT (time zone converter) – Live Event
- Fireside Chat With Week One Keynoters and Presenters – click on this link to join
- October 27th – Keynote presentations
- October 27-31st
- Presentations based on the themes of Kicking It Up A Notch and Leading the Change
- October 31st 1:00 AM Friday GMT (time zone converter) – Live Event
- Fireside Chat With Week Two Keynoters and Presenters – click on this link to join
- November 1st 12:00 AM Friday GMT (time zone converter) – Live 24 hour event
- When the Night Falls – click on this link to join
Participating In The Conference
The presentations will be posted on the K12 Online conference blog each day during the conference. However the easiest way to access the presentations and keep up with the latest news from the conference is to subscribe to the different web RSS feeds using a feed reader (e.g. Google Reader, Bloglines) and/or a podcast receiver (e.g. iTunes).
Here are the different web feeds for the conference:
- Conference blog posts
- Conference blog post comments
- Audio only podcasts channel (all presentations)
- Video only podcasts channel (all presentations
UPDATE: The links to the Audio and Video podcast channels have been amended for 2008 podcasts
Look forward to seeing you at the conference — any dress code is acceptable so I may be wearing my PJs.
Please take the time to share your experience with previous K12 Online Conferences for people new to this conference:
- What have you gained from attending the K12 Online?
- What are your tips for getting the most out of K12 Online Conference?
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!