Simple facts from the stats — for my personal blog Mobile Technology in TAFE.
- Approx. 50 people visit my blog site each day.
- Main web browsers used for viewing my blog are FireFox (52.93 % ), Internet Explorer (39.93 %) and Safari (4.87 %).
- Approx. 750 people subscribe to my blog and read my posts using a Feed Reader.
- Main feed readers used by my readers are Google Reader (68 %) and Bloglines (7 %).
- Approx. 35 people prefer to read my posts via email (Feedburner email subscription).
What The Facts Mean
Even with great content people are less likely to subscribe or continuing subscribing to your blog if your posts are hard to read. It’s important to ensure your posts look nice and are easy to read on your blog, when read in feed readers and by email.
You check this by:
- Regularly examining the appearance of your blog using a few web browsers! (Read more here)
- Subscribing to your blog in a Feed Reader!
- Subscribing to your email subscription!
Here’s how to set up:
- Google Analytics for obtaining statistics on visitors to your blog (here an intro on how to use use of Google Analytics).
- Feedburner for obtaining statistics on subscribers to your blog
- Email subscription using Feedburner
- Your feed so it redirects to Feedburner to get accurate subscriber statistics
- A Google Reader Account and subscribe to blogs
So how did you go:
- Notice any problems that you need to rectify when you viewed your blog in different web browsers?
- What are your posts like when read in a feed reader like Google Reader? Have any of the embeds you’ve added been removed?
Image was created using txt2pic.com
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!