The 2009 Student Blogging Challenge is now nearly half way through and the students have been working REALLY hard on the weekly challenges! Currently 52 class blogs and 150 individual students blogs from 13 different countries are participating.
To celebrate the success of the challenge while also creating an opportunity to collect examples of student work we’re giving away twelve Edublogs supporter 12 month subscriptions which you can use on your own blog or give away to a reader.
Just write a post based on any of the topics themes listed below:
- Your own choice of topic but must include embedded media, created by the student or class, such as a SlideShare, video, comic strip, podcast, quiz, poll. Here’s the chance to demonstrate how creative you can be!
- Your story of how blogging has helped you connect to a global audience and what this connection has meant to you. e.g. the friends you have made, what you have learnt about other cultures, how you are able to share your passions with others, how you are able to use blogging to share your views on topics
- What difference has blogging made to your life at school and home e.g. how has it changed how you learn, the challenges of blogging and how teachers might make the process easier
Any class or student blogger can enter, including bloggers not currently participating in the 2009 Student Blogging Challenge, but you must:
- Leave a comment on this post letting me know you have entered, with a link to your post plus your Grade/year level.
- Explain in your post which topic you are writing about and link back to this post so that we receive a pingback advising us that you have written the post (read this to understand What’s A Pingback? And How To Write Links).
For example you might copy the following into the bottom of your post and just change the topic enclosed in the qutoation marks:
This post has been written on “my story of how blogging has connected me to a global audience” as part of The Edublogger’s Student Competition!
The four best post for each topic will win and you can submit posts for as many topics you like. And off course all winners will get a badge they can add to their blogs 🙂
Remember we’re looking for the best — so here is your chance to demonstrate your blogging and creative skills! You have until April 30 to enter.
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!