Are you like me? Driven by a strong desire to add that individual touch to your blog using a custom image header? But through not fault of your own designing your own image header always turns out BAD?
There is a solution! Instead of trying to design your own image header visit Free Web Page Headers. All their image headers are provided under Creative Commons Attribution Non Commerical license. This means you can use them, with adaptation if you desire, provided you acknowledge the original source and don’t use them for a commerical purpose.
This is how I did it on my personal blog:
- Searched Nature category on Free Web Page Headers looking for a header with adequate space to add words to left hand side of header
- Downloaded Yellow flowers by DHester onto my computer
- Opened up image in PhotoShop, added desired words to image and adjusted image size to recommended image size for my blog theme (970 x 140 pixels)
- Uploaded new custom image to blog (Design > Custom Image Header)
- Added a text widget to blog sidebar with HTML code to provide required image attribution
Check out these posts for:
- Edublogs themes that have custom image headers
- Edublogs themes that have custom image headers and allow comments on pages
You can use Free Web Page Headers as they are without adding text. There are numerous free photo editing tools that you can use in place of PhotoShop. What free photo editing tools would you recommend?
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!