Many teachers would agree that becoming a “connected educator” and developing a PLN (Personal/Professional/Personalized Learning Network) is the most powerful thing you can do to improve your teaching and provide better outcomes for your students.
We have been busy working on a new course to help you become a connected educator.
Our free self-paced course guides you through the process of building your PLN in seven steps.
About The Building Your PLN Teacher Challenge
This free, self-paced course guides you step-by-step through the process of building your own personal/professional learning network (PLN).
The activities can be completed at your own pace and in any order!
Visit the PLN Teacher Challenge home page or use the menu below to check out individual steps:
- Step 1: What Is A PLN?
- Step 2: Making Connections
- Step 3: Using Twitter To Build Your PLN
- Step 4: All About Hashtags And Twitter Chats
- Step 5: Using Blogs As Part Of Your PLN
- Step 6: Using Curation Tools As Part Of Your PLN
- Step 7: Making Time To Build Your PLN
How Does This Course Work?
- The Building Your PLN Teacher Challenge is completely free of charge (as are all of our professional learning opportunities).
- The challenge is open to anyone — whether you’re a classroom teacher, pre-service teacher, or work in any area of education.
- The course is presented on a blog. For each of the 7 steps, you’re required to read through the information in the post and then complete your choice of task and leave a comment.
- When you finish the PLN Teacher Challenge, you an access a badge to proudly display on your blog and a certificate of completion which you can use towards your professional development hours.
- You can start the challenge at any time.
We know some teachers like to have a concrete guide to help them work through our online courses. We’ve put together an optional PDF workbook that will help to keep you on track and focused as you work through the 7 steps.
Read through the workbook below to find out more about the PLN challenge.
Scroll down and click on the ‘download’ button under the document to save it to your computer.
Want More Free PD?
Currently, we have three professional development opportunities on our Teacher Challenge site with more to be added in future.
You can complete all/some of these courses at any time:
There are learning opportunities for students too:
- We run a supported bi-annual Student Blogging Challenge (begins October 7, 2018)
- There is a self-paced Blogging Bootcamp for students (start any time)
Head over to the free Building Your PLN course now to have a look.
If you have any questions, you can leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you!
We define connected educators simply as ones who are actively and constantly seeking new opportunities and resources to grow as professionals.
~ Todd Whitaker, What Connected Educators Do Differently