Blog Action Day is an excellent way of demonstrating the power of this voice; so I’m hoping you will join with us for Blog Action Day by writing a post about poverty on October 15th and encouraging others to join us!
Blog Action Day is an annual nonprofit event that aims to unite the world’s bloggers, podcasters and videocasters, to post about the same issue on the same day.
It began in 2007 when a few bloggers started asking how they could use their medium to do something socially conscious. It started with a little “What if …” question about getting lots of bloggers to post on the same day about the same issue. This resulted in 20,000 bloggers with a combined audience in the millions posting about the Environment.
This year the theme is Poverty. By working together on one issue on the same day– October 15th — the blogging and podcasting community can change the conversation on the web and focuses audiences around the globe on the issue of World poverty. The hope is by starting a global discussion we can all help bring about both personal actions and a raised awareness for global poverty action going on.
Ways To Get Involved
Blog Action Day works best if bloggers keep writing about the topic they regularly write about. For example you could write about:
- How education helps lift people out of poverty
- What schools and student life is like in poorer countries
- What schools and students can do to participate in social action against poverty
Check out Miss Wyatt’s post on Blog Action Day from the Student Blogging Competition for ideas!
You could also get involved with:
- Raising funds to fight poverty
- Stand Up Against Poverty – October 17-19th
- Learn About Poverty – World Vision Australia has organized prizes for Australian’s who write the best three blog posts about poverty on Blog Action Day
Besides writing a post about poverty on October 15th you can also:
- Add a badge to your sidebar or post to promote the event – Use the code under the desired badge
- Register your blog – You don’t have to register to participate however the link they provide when you register will help them track all the posts.
Apologies for the inconvenience Edublogs server issues caused so many people during this past week which have been unacceptable.
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!