As a gift to all teachers, we’d like to offer a free Edublogs Pro subscription to all participants of our self-paced courses.
Here’s the deal…
- When you start one of our courses, you’ll get a one month subscription to Edublogs Pro.
- If you complete one of our courses, you’ll get a 12 month Edublogs Pro subscription.
Simple as that!
This offer is for first-time users who don’t already use Edublogs Pro and is available until January 31, 2019.
What are the free courses?
Our free self-paced courses have been popular for many years. A few months back, we gave them all an update!
Course options for teachers
Currently, we have three professional development opportunities for educators. You’ll find these on our Teacher Challenge site.
You can complete these courses at any time:
- Blogging With Students — for teachers who want to set up a class blog and possibly student blogs. You can complete this 11 step course at your own pace or sign up for our 30 day email challenge.
- Personal Blogging — create a professional educator blog in 10 steps.
- Building Your PLN — start building your own personal learning network in 7 steps.
These courses all come with PDF workbooks to help keep you on track.
You’ll also receive a certificate and badge for completing one of the courses.
How do I get my Pro upgrade?
Organizing your upgrade is simple. All you need to do is start the course and have your free Edublogs site set up. You can get your free blog by signing up on the Edublogs homepage.
Once you’ve done these two things, simply email the Edublogs Support team with your blog URL and the name of the course you’re working on. An example of a URL would be, http://morrisclass2019.edublogs.org
Our email address is listed below or click here to fill out a contact form.
Someone will upgrade your blog for you within 24 hours (if you email in the last week of December, it may take a little longer).
When you complete a course…
Send our team another email to let them know you’ve completed all the tasks for your course. We’ll then extend your Edublogs Pro subscription for 12 months.
Everyone who completes a Teacher Challenge course also has access to a certificate and badge.
What are the benefits of Edublogs Pro?
A free blog is great for getting started but there are a few advantages of using Edublogs Pro.
- You can embed video and HTML code in your posts, pages, and widgets. This allows you to integrate all sorts of third-party tools into your blog like Padlet, visitor tracking widgets, Google Slides and Docs, and more.
- You can allow your blog to be indexed by search engines like Google if you wish.
- You will have 50GB of storage rather than 1GB. This allows you to add more photos, videos, files, and audio to your blog.
- You can access visitor statistics in your dashboard and set up an email subscription for your readers.
- You can use your own custom domain if this interests you.
Check out the features of our blogs at a glance in this comparison table.
Edublogs was established by teachers, for teachers and we’ve always been committed to supporting our community.
We know our courses have helped thousands of people get started with blogging and edtech over the years. We hope a free Pro blog will help make your blogging journey a little easier too!
Finally, we’d like to offer all our readers a very safe and happy holiday period.
The Edublogger will be back in January. If you’re not already on our email list to get notified of new posts, sign up!
Any questions? Leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.