Don’t you love RSS? I do except when an item I’ve embedded into a post is removed so people who read them in feed readers like Google Reader or Bloglines don’t realise it’s there! Definitely a problem if you are embedding an online poll in a post and you need readers to see it so they vote.
So let’s test out this solution while at the same time getting you to help me prioritize your needs. I’ve chosen 8 9 topics and I’d love to hear what you would like to learn more about so I can plan future posts on The Edublogger. Feel free to expand on your choice or add your own topic in comments.
This time I’ve created the poll using PollDaddy — so you can compare the look of a PollDaddy poll with the poll I created using Vizu. Downside with PollDaddy is a free account only allows 100 survey results per month (anyone know the restrictions on free Vizu accounts?).
Here are the choices that you can vote for:
- How To Start A Blog
- Blog Design
- Finding Ideas For Blog Posts
- Using Blogs with Students
- Increasing Blog Readership
- Creating Podcasts
- Building your blog community
- Developing Personal Learning Networks
- Process of Setting Up Blogs Within Your School
Add your vote here! Free to expand on your choice or add your own topic in comments.
- Write your entire post adding all text, images, categories, tags etc
- Preview your post to do any last minute edits
- Click on HTML tab and paste the embed code where you want it to be displayed then immediately click Publish (don’t click back to the Visual Tab)
Yes I know when you read the post directly on the blog it is a bit more messy doing it this way but at least it should grab the attention of people who are reading in their feed readers. Every poll I’ve tried so far is being removed from posts in RSS — if you know of any that don’t please let me know!
Remember always a good idea to subscribe to your own blog to pick up issues like these!
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!