This week, we celebrate NINE years of Edublogs!
It is hard to imagine, but when Edublogs was launched, there was no iPhone or smart phones, Facebook was limited to university students only, and twitter didn’t exist yet either. What did we all do with ourselves!?
We’re seriously humbled, honored, and in awe that so many have made us an integral part of their learning journeys.
From our entire team, we really can’t thank you all enough.
So, What’s Next!?
Here’s a brief look into some of the goals we have set for Edublogs as we enter our 10th year (and beyond):
1. CampusPress – Our popular service, CampusPress, brings the power of Edublogs to your entire school, district, or university. CampusPress is branching out into way more than just blogging. In the coming months, several schools and school districts will begin hosting their entire websites with us. We’re stoked!
2. ePorfolios Everywhere – Edublogs and CampusPress have become a leading platform for student ePortfolios. We’ll continue to build out new plugins and features that make this even better.
3. Learning Management – Along with ePortfolios, we’ll continue to improve our student and learning management tools – including a brand new way of handling entire online courses.
4. Beautiful Themes – We’ve been working for a long time on a secret new theme tool that will revolutionize the way you design your blogs and websites. I can’t say too much just yet, but this will be huge!
5. A Growing Community – The recent launch of the new Edublogs Reader is just the beginning of a long term plan to help our users share and discover content. Look for more events and tools like the Reader to enhance your edublogging experience by connecting up with others.
What Would You Like To See?
Leave us a comment below with features or tools you think we should add to Edublogs.
We love to hear your feedback and promise to see what we can do to make it happen!
Thank you so much to all of the educators, students, and users that have joined the Edublogs community and helped build it into what it is today. We enjoy working with you all and appreciate so much the work that you all do.
Here’s to 99+ more years!