We’re excited to kick-start a brand new 30 Day Challenge for educators who want to learn how to set up a class blog and blog with students.
Whether you’re new to blogging or want a refresher on all of the features that blogging can offer, come join us for our four week crash-course.
Over 11 steps, we’ll cover topics such as:
- Setting up class and student blogs
- Using posts, pages, and widgets
- Teaching quality comments
- Images, copyright, and Creative Commons
- Connecting with other classes
- Embedding content and videos
The series is an excellent way of preparing for the Student Blogging Challenge which starts October 7!
How Does It Work?
- The Blogging With Students Teacher Challenge is completely free of charge (as are all of our professional learning opportunities).
- The challenge is open to anyone — whether you’re a classroom teacher, pre-service teacher, or work with students in another capacity.
- We’ll pop into your inbox every 3 days for 30 days and present you one step at a time. We’ll show you exactly what you need to do and offer reminders as well. We’ll send the first challenge to you when you sign up.
- When you finish the Teacher Challenge, we’ll give you a badge to proudly display on your blog and a certificate of completion which you can use towards your professional development hours.
- You can use any blogging platform you prefer, but our detailed instructions will be written with Edublogs and CampusPress users in mind, so you’ll need to slightly adapt them depending on your platform.
- We know some teachers like to have a concrete guide to help them work through our online courses. We’ve put together an optional PDF workbook that will help to keep you on track and focused as you work through the 11 steps.
You can start the challenge at any time.
Register For The 30 Day Challenge
Up for the challenge?
To sign up, simply enter your details in the embedded form below, or click here to open the sign-up form in your browser.
Remember, you can start at any time. So, if you’re still in holiday mode or the time is not right for you, just sign up when you’re ready.
Tip: Please add [email protected] to your email contact list to make sure our emails don’t end up in your junk/spam folder! This is how to add a contact in Outlook and in Gmail.
Want to work at your own pace? That’s fine too. You don’t have to sign up for the 30 Day Challenge to complete some/all of course. Just head to the Blogging With Students homepage to complete the steps that interest you.
Want More Free PD?
Currently, we have three professional development opportunities on our Teacher Challenge site with more to be added in future.
You can complete all/some of these courses at any time.
There are learning opportunities for students too
- We run a supported bi-annual Student Blogging Challenge (begins October 7, 2018)
- There is a self-paced Blogging Bootcamp for students (start any time)
Leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you!
2 thoughts on “Free Course On Blogging With Students: Join The 30 Day Challenge!”
Are the blogs judged?
No, it’s just a personal challenge 🙂