I confess! I hate default avatars next to my comments on other bloggers posts.
It makes me feel both naked and like a newblie 🙁
I’m know I’m not the only one. The solution is simple — set up a Gravatar account!
Gravatar is a service that provides globally unique avatars.
Most standard blogging platforms support Gravatar. So when you go from site to site leaving comments your gravatar image automatically displays –provided the email address associated with your Gravatar’s account is used.
Here’s how simple it is:
- Go to Gravatar and click on Get your Gravatar today!
- Enter your email address and click Signup
- Go to your email account and click on the link in your gravatar confirmation email to activate your account.
- Now follow the instructions to set your username and password.
- Next upload your image by clicking on Add one by clicking here!
- Choose where you’d like to get the image from – for best results ideal image size for upload is 80 x 80 pixels
- Once uploaded click on Crop and Finish
- Click on G Rated as many sites only support displaying avatars with a rating of G.
Now whenever you leave a comment on a blog that supports gravatar (such as Edublogs.org, any Edublogs Campus site, WordPress.com, WordPress.org) your avatar image will automatically display next to your comment!
- If you are changing your avatar, it can take a few hours for caches to clear. Try clearing your browser’s cache by holding the Ctrl key and pressing F5, which will help.
- Check out Creating And Uploading Your Comment Avatar – for online tools you can use for creating your avatar image
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!