Looking to thank your favorite bloggers?
Here’s your opportunity!
Nominations for the Edublog Awards 2009 are now open!
And best of all this year we have new categories including my favorite Best Student blog…
So students, teachers, class bloggers (and everyone) start nominating your favorite blogger(s) and web sites — we’re all looking forward to learning about great blogs!
About The Edublogs Awards
The Edublog Awards is an annual event that is now in its 6th year.
Each year the Edublogs Awards creates fabulous resources to share ideas on how social networking tools can be used in different educational contexts.
To be involved all you need to do is:
Choose the sites that you want to nominate in the following categories (you can nominate for as many, or as few, categories as you like):
Best individual blog
Best individual tweeter
Best group blog
Best new blog
Best class blog
Best student blog
Best resource sharing blog
Most influential blog post
Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion
Best teacher blog
Best librarian / library blog
Best educational tech support blog
Best elearning / corporate education blog
Best educational use of audio
Best educational use of video / visual
Best educational wiki
Best educational use of a social networking service
Best educational use of a virtual world
Nominations close Tuesday 8 December! And you MUST follow exactly the instructions explained below!
Once the nomination process is complete voting will commence and you’ll be able to submit your votes for as many, or as few, categories as you like on the Edublog Awards website.
Voting ends Wednesday 16 December!
3. Award Ceremony
Winners are announced at the Award Ceremony on Friday 18 December!
How To Nominate!
You must follow these two simple steps to nominate or your nominations won’t be counted!
Step 1: Write a post on your blog linking to:
- The Edublog Awards Homepage
- The blogs & sites that you want to nominate (you must include a link to each site you nominate!)
You can nominate for as many categories as you like, but only one nomination per category, and not yourself 🙂
You can nominate a blog (or site) for more than one category)
Check out these nomination posts to see how it can be done!
- Silvia Tolisano has made her nomination post really EASY to grab her links to use in the voting process
- Liz B. Davis’s nomination post has done an excellent job of explaining her choices
Step 2: Email the link to your nomination post as follows:
- Go to The Edublog Awards nomination
- Scroll to the contact form at the bottom of the page (The Edublog Awards nomination)
- Complete the contact form and click send
- You MUST include a genuine email address (spam free, just in case we need to confirm identity)
- You MUST include the link to your nominations post
Your complete contact form should look similar to this example below!
You can’t submit your nominations without writing a blog post — please note class blogs can submit multiple posts by different authors!
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!