Students love seeing the red dots grow as their readers, from around the World, visit their blog.
- Edublogs supporters and Edublogs Campus can use the ClustrMaps widget to add a ClustrMaps to their blog sidebar.
- The ClustrMaps widget is designed to provide a quick and easy way of adding a ClustrMaps to your blog sidebar without having to grab the HTML embed code from the ClustrMaps website.
- It’s as simple as adding your email address and agreeing to ClustrMaps terms & conditions!
Creating Your ClustrMaps
- Go to ClustrMaps.
- Enter your blog URL (e.g. your blog URL should look similar like this http://www.theedublogger.com/) and email address then click on Make My Map.
- Copy the HTML code for Option A.
Adding The ClustrMap To Your Blog Sidebar
- Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Dashboard
- Click on the desired Sidebar to expand (so you can add the widgets) NOTE: In new blogs sidebars in your dashboard are empty and adding widgets automatically removes the default Edublogs widgets
- To add a text widget, drag it from the Available Widgets areas on the left into the Sidebar area on the right
- Drop the widget when you see a dashed line appear – this indicates the widget is in place
- The widget will automatically open — just add the HTML code from Clustrmaps, click Save and then Close. If you have trouble with the text widget or it doesn’t open — try changing your theme just in case there is an issue with it.
- You should now see your ClustrMaps in your blog sidebar and the dots will start appearing after 24 hours.
If you need to grab new HTML embed code for your ClustrMaps just log into your ClustrMaps Admin area using your blog URL and password (sent in the original signup email from ClustrMaps).
Remember if you are an Edublogs supporters or Edublogs campus users you use the ClustrMaps Widget to add it your blog sidebar.
If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider Subscribing For Free!